Middle & High School Educational Planning
Capstone offers educational planning services for students in grades 7-10 through our unique DEVELOP program. For students interested in Capstone's college applications and admissions services, we recommend signing up for educational planning services no later than early in high school.
In our K-12 program, we provide:
- Guidance for families that want to investigate the possibility of ADHD and/or a learning deficit.
- Pre-screened referrals for families seeking psychoeducational evaluations, therapeutic support, ADHD coaching, and/or educational therapy.
- Support for families that need assistance with their student’s IEP or 504 as it is developed or reviewed, including whether there is a need for this type of educational plan.
- A student-centered approach with specific recommendations for developing self-awareness and self-advocacy skills while in middle school and high school.
- Academic planning and course selection in middle and high school, which includes finding the support systems students need while in school and at home.
- One-on-one coaching with middle school and high school students to encourage them academically and provide resources as they pursue their unique interests and extracurriculars.
Internship Development Workshop
Doing research with a local professor is a valuable way for students to develop lab and work skills, meet professors in their field of interest, and determine whether or not a career in research interests them. To help students create their own research internship with a local professor, we offer an Internship Development Workshop every winter. In the workshop, we teach students how to identify prospective mentors at local universities or colleges, create a polished resume, and draft an effective cover letter to send to the prospective mentor. By the end of the workshop, students will have finalized their resume and cover letter and reached out to their prospective mentor to request an internship.
Our goal is to help students achieve a rewarding and enriching school experience that will prepare them well for their future applications to college. We also share with parents ways that they can support their students on their educational journey.